So I'm trying to keep posting on this blog and I think I'll get better, it's just a little overwhelming with a new baby, toddler, house guests, lack of sleep, etc. When I think about blogging, I think, "Where do I begin?"
Basically things are going really great. My recovery from the delivery went great, getting settled in with nursing again, dealing with lack of sleep and trying to take naps in spare daytime hours, etc has all gone really well, I must say. It IS easier the second go around in many ways, however, it's so much more difficult with juggling two little ones instead of one. Especially in the evening when my husband works and I have to do dinner, bathtime and bedtimes alone. I'm managing it pretty well and it seems every evening is different. Sometimes I can get the baby to sleep before Matthew and then I can focus just on Matthew and sometimes I'm in Matthew's room trying to put him down while nursing the baby to sleep as well. Julian (the baby...who is 4 weeks old today btw) doesn't have a real schedule yet so it's hit or miss if he'll be awake while I'm putting Matthew down. It IS really nice to get the baby down later rather than earlier though in order to have time to go to bed myself instead of him waking up when I'm about to go to bed. Julian usually sleeps about 3-4 hours (usually 3) before waking to eat so I got him down tonight about 9:20pm so I have until about 12:30pm or later until he wakes up. I will probably get in bed about 11pm so hopefully I'll get about an hour and a half of sleep until I'm "on duty" again :) There's never a dull moment, hahaha.
Matthew was totally in the sun, poor thing, but earlier it had been on my side, so it wasn't the whole time. We're going back to the beach tomorrow but instead of with my husband I'll be going with my best friend so I'm not driving there alone.
Matthew is doing super well with Julian....he's very sweet, tries to hold his hand, pats and rubs his head, kisses his chest, belly and head and even lets Julian lay in his bed a little while he's watching his disney videos before bedtime.
No comments:
Post a Comment