About two weeks ago was national agriculture week in Costa Rica. Matthew had to dress up as a typical farmer at school and he finally got to buy some of the rubber work boots that he's always wanted (I'm not kidding). Comes just in time for rainy season and since he always loves to play outside, those boots will come in REAL handy with all the mud, hahahahaha. They also had a mini farmer's market outside their classroom with tables set up to sell vegetables and fruit. His job was to bring a few onions to sell and they all had to bring about 50 cents to "buy" stuff. The proceeds went to fund the classroom. I guess they were able to buy a package of paper towels and one liquid soap from that but hey, you get what you can, right? I never got to see what Matthew bought but he says it was grapes. I believe if he really bought grapes, they would be gone in a heartbeat since he loves them. Interesting that he bought grapes here at a farmer's market when they don't even grow grapes here, they're imported. Oh well, who knows what he really bought.
Last week was "Natural Resource" week where they learned all about the natural resources. They had to each bring a plant in to plant, which they'll do this week and he gets to wear his new boots again. I love how every week is a different theme/topic and they do really fun things at his school
http://www.saulcardenascubillo.ed.cr . Even though his teacher Kembly is new and this is her first year teaching her own class (meaning not the internship), I really think she's doing an excellent job. It might even be better because she's full of fresh ideas, not burned out yet and still excited about making a difference in these children's lives. I really like her.
 |
| Believe it or not, he is not really "mad" in this picture. He was perfectly happy but when I told him I wanted to take a picutre, he started with this face and then I told him not to make that face. He wanted to make it anyway. He was perfectly happy before and after the picture.....who understands 3 year olds?!?!?!?!? |
 |
| This was with the kids in his class that were already there once we arrived about 5 or 10 minutes before class. It's only half the class because the microbus had not arrived yet. |
 |
| This was the week before Agriculture Week. It was National Nutrition Week (Costa Ricans have something for every week, I'm not kidding). I had forgotten to make this costume but had already bought the posterboard. When I went to take him to school that morning and saw others carrying their costumes in, I remembered. I quickly asked the teacher what time the little parade through the school was and she told me about 9am (it was 8am). So I ran home, made it and got it back to the school by 8:35am, whew!!! I didn't tell her I forgot, just that I would bring it shortly. Yep, good, good times with this Mommy Brain! |
No comments:
Post a Comment