These two are just so cute together. Matthew is constantly grabbing Julian's hand, kissing his head, tickling his feet, smothering him with hugs and even saving a piece of candy for Julian when he gets "real big" and can actually eat it. Yes, that's right, on Friday, his teacher gave them a little thing of candies like a half roll size of lifesavers and Matthew said he was putting one up on the counter for Julian for when he gets "real big" and can eat it. He had given one to me, one to his grandfather and then he wanted to save the one for Julian. Later before the ants got to it (we DO live in the tropics and you better not leave anything out for more than a few minutes, if that), I told him that it was going to be a really long time until Julian could eat that so he better go ahead and eat it for now.
Tonight, after Matthew and I had spent the afternoon at a birthday party for his friend Kaleb, Matthew started playing with this toy airplane with Julian. The plastic plane is maybe just a tad bigger than my hand. Julian was laying on his back on the bed and Matthew was pretending to fly it in the air and kept swooping down near Julian and Julian would grab at it. When he'd almost get it or touch it a little, he let out the best giggle ever. Julian was so happy to "almost" get it and he'd wait for it to come around again. These two were really playing together....already....at just 5 1/2 months old, I couldn't believe it. It reminded me a little of King Kong when he was up on that building and the airplane (or helicopter, can't really remember) was flying around and King Kong kept swatting at it. This is what Julian was doing but laughing histerically when he did it. He LOVED playing with his big brother. I really wanted to record it but I knew what would happen once I got in there with the camera, so I'll get it another time. I can't believe how much they seem to adore each other, even at this age.
Julian is so interested in everyone's food that I just had to mash up a tiny bit of banana yesterday to see if he would take it. It's the first food he's eaten (attempted) and I didn't really try very hard. Just one little taste to see what his face and reaction ould be. He seemed kinda surprised and didn't quite know what to do with it and later I found it on his chest in the middle of his onsie, so apparently, it didn't go down. At least not all of it. I put another spoon in his mouth later and he kinda opened his mouth like he was getting the "hang" of it but like I said, it was literally two bites, no big deal. I will really start working the solids once he gets closer to 6 months in a couple of weeks. Matthew started at 5 1/2 months, but little by little of course. I'll buy some rice cereal in the next couple of weeks and start that. We're still good with nursing and I don't really feel the hurry to start solids. I was pretty excited about trying something new with Matthew when I did it but it's different this go around. I'm not so anxious about every upcoming milestone with Julian. I mean, I can't wait for them to happen and all but I'm more relaxed this time and I don't want to rush ANYTHING. Maybe because I know it's my last one, but I just want to savor every moment and not think about tomorrow. Just enjoy this while it lasts (I totally did with Matthew too, it's just different this time).
No comments:
Post a Comment