Thursday, June 7, 2012

"Why?"

Matthew cracks me up. He's in the "why?" stage and I LOVE to play along (until it gets old, that is, but it's still new). You never know when it'll happen. He'll ask me a regular question that has something to do with where we are and what we're doing and I'll answer. Then he'll say, "why?" I'll answer and then he'll say "why?" again, and again and again and again, hahahaha.

For example, I'll say, "watch out for that mud, don't step in it" and he'll say "why is there mud?" and I'll say, "because it rained last night" and he'll say, "why?" and I'll say, "because God made it rain" and he'll say, "why?" and I'll say "because the plants and animals need water" and he'll say, "why?" and I'll say, "because they need it to live, just like you and me" and he'll say, "why?" and I'll say, " because they get thirsty, don't you get thirsty sometimes?" and he'll say, "yes, why?" and I'll say, "because it's so hot and we get sweaty and we have to replenish the water in our bodies because they have to have water to survive" and he'll say, "why?" and I'll say something like "because there is no life without water, we have to have water to live". Even if I don't answer the direct "why" question and start asking him questions, it doesn't seem to matter and sometimes that way I can get out of the "why" questions and distract him because I'm running out of answers, hahahaha! So far, it's really pretty fun.

Matthew's two favorite youtube videos (which he calls "bee-bees, I don't know why but this started before he could say the word video) are "Jesus" videos, meaning Children's Animated Bible Stories and the other one is a show from Latin America that's been around since like 1972, I think and now in the last few years they have animated it. I can't even really tell you what it's about but it's one of those things that appeals to both children and adults. It's a comedy (kind of stupid dorky comedy but sometimes it makes me laugh....it makes Matthew laugh OUT LOUD). It's pretty cute because his grandfather loves the unanimated series (and the animated one for that matter), Dani has watched it all his life and now Matthew. I guess the apple doesn't fall far :)

Matthew and Julian playing around in the bed. The one on the right looks like Julian REALLY wants to get away but that wasn't the case, just how it looks. If Matthew is in the bath and I walk in carrying Julian, Julian and Matthew immediately grin at each other and usually Julian giggles. It's the only time that Julian really just giggles without anyone doing anything to him, tickling him, talking to him cutely or anything. It's too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment