Ever since Julian was two months old, I've thought we were about to have teeth, lol! At that age, there was actually a small little chip of a tooth that had broken through (or had never been beneath) the gum but it was a little behind where it should have been. Shortly after that, within a month, I couldn't find it anymore and it seemed that the gum had grown over it. Then, at 3 or so months, he was drooling, eating his hands and making all kinds of weird movements with his mouth and lips as if his gums were itching or bothering him. It seems that now at 6 1/2 months, we have TWO bottom teeth that have just broken the surface of the gums. It's official, we have teeth!
Other news to share is that he's been eating solids for about a week but he doesn't totally have the hang of it. I get it down (mostly I'm just giving him rice cereal but will start oatmeal cereal tomorrow) but it takes a few tries. Occasionally he swallows it the first time but usually it comes out, then I spoon it back in, out again and in again and it's just a game until it goes down. He still has the pushing out with the tongue reflex which should be going away soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment