Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Memory Loss?

You know a lot of time has passed when writing a blog and you can't quite remember the web address to write your next entry. I ALMOST had it right on the iPad but thank goodness the other computer has a nice long memory because I couldn't get to it, if not.

We just got back a couple of weeks ago from a three week visit to the states that was very nice. We were going, going, going all the time and although tiring, we did lots of fun things. We went to the zoo, the children's museum, Hippo Hop, Monkey Joes, PLAY, a lake Lanier Beach, PDK airport several times, out on the lake by boat, several different pools, the aquarium and many other activities. Definitely a fun filled, jam packed trip and totally worth it with the exhaustion and all. I hadn't been ther in 2 1-2 years and it may be that long before we get back so we had to get it all in....and we did! I'm so glad that my boys got to know their cousin Shelby, Uncle Scott and Aunt Meimi better....tr at all for that matter so it was great.

A couple of things that probably should have been blogged about before the trip are Matthew watching his biceps grow as he was eating Papua one day and was like "look mama, my muscles are growing because I'm eating this papaya!". That was too cute. Also, one day Matthew decided that he was going to make phone calls to everyone in the family here in Costa Rica. I gave him a list of names and numbers because he wanted to dial them himself and literally called everyone. His grandmother, two aunts, four cousins and I forget who else......he was really on a roll and I think he got it out of his system because he hasn't asked to it again.

Julian has a fascination with armpits. This has been going on for a while. He will post and laugh at your armpit if you're not careful. Since its so hot here, most of the time women are in sleeveless or strapless tops and if His father is shirtless, watch out! Sometimes he just points at it and wants you to lift up your arm so he can see it. I tell ya, he's got something going on with armpits that really make him giggle. He also, since 18 months has been letting me know that he needs to pee or poop. He'll even go into the bathroom and make sure you go with him. He'll stand by the toilet and I've even taken off his diaper to see if a miracle would happen. He's usually on the toilet for a minute maximum and then he wants off. After that, he'll either do it in his diaper or one day I went to get him a little step stool so he could be like Matthew and stand up and I was gone maybe five seconds. When I came back, had peed on his shorts that were down by his ankles. At least he's showing interest!!! On day we ere at a pool and I was putting on his dry clothes but before I got his pants on, he told me "pee pee" and me, along with much of the family watched him go through the saloon type doors to the pool bathroom where we could only see him below the knees. Then we saw a stream of pee fall between those cute little toddler legs! He came out and he was done! Thank goodness it was a "pool bathroom" so it was a wet cement floor anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment