Well, it's official. This almost 2 1/2 year old is potty trained. It's really been official for a week or so but I'm just getting to write about it. We did it for almost a week in the house before sending him to pre-k with no diaper. They said to send him with three extra changes of clothes (for 4 hours) so we did. He said he was NOT going to tell his teacher when he needed to go but we had to try anyway. The first day, he wet every change of clothes we sent and when I picked him up, he was only in tennis shoes with no socks (no dry ones left), a diaper with no shorts and a shirt, hahahaha. I just started laughing when I saw that. His teacher decided to offer him a piece of chocolate if he told her when he needed to go to the bathroom. So the next day he went to the bathroom the first time and then the second time he didn't quite make it so they had to change his clothes anyway. The third day he came home in the exact same uniform that I had sent him in! Yay!!! I was so happy! And now today, the fourth day he came home in the same clothes that I sent him in and so I think we have a success!
Also, unlike most children, he has had no problems or fear of pooping in the toilet or even letting me know in the middle of the night that he needs to go to the bathroom. Most children will use a diaper at night for at least six more months even up to years after they potty train. But, it looks like we will be able to take the diaper away at night in the near future. Sometimes he wakes up with a dry diaper and goes straight to the bathroom when waking up. Other times, he has let us know in the middle of the night when he wakes up and feels like he needs to go and that is really very rare. All in all, we are very happy and pleased with the way it has gone! It could have been so much worse and really it was fairly quick and not that bad, yippee! Way to go Julian!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment