Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Apparently I Have Dengue Fever......

On the seventh day of being sick and now feeling a little better, I find out that I have Dengue fever. It was an odd sickness to begin with which I thought was a sinus infection with really bad headache, fever, body ache, some stomach pain, extremes thirst, etc. Then one night I threw up out of nowhere once I wasn't having the stomach pains anymore so it didn't make sense.  I did have a slight nausea that someone once described to me as being similar to morning sickness but I knew I wasn't pregnant. There were a few days that my eyes were just killing me. I don't know how to explain the pain in the eyes except I felt like my head was going to explode and I thought that was the reason for the eye pain. I was totally exhausted tired, but again, I thought it was because of the "sinus infection" that I had. Finally I woke up on the sixth day with a rash on my arms, now all over my body and Dani looks at me and says....."I think you have Dengue". He said the rash is totally characteristic of Dengue fever on the fifth or sixth day. It's an itchy rash but has a certain kind of painfullness to it that's hard to describe. That explained it all....now looking back at the symptoms and everything anyone has ever told me about Dengue Fever, it all makes sense. I got a blood test this morning which confirms it but luckily the platelet count is not so low to be admitted into the hospital but it probably was a few days ago but I didn't know it. And that's my Dengue Fever story.

No comments:

Post a Comment