| Julian wouldn´t face the camera..... |
| Julian wouldn´t be in the picture..... |
Walking through Main Street America down the center of the Magic Kingdom with the view of the castle at the end was amazing. Of course we had to stop and take a picture with it behind us and of course Julian, 4 years old, is in a NO PICTURE phase of his life. Many of the pictures I got of him where you can see his face, were candids that he didn´t know about. We were headed to the Pirates of the Carribean ride when we passed the Aladin ride with almost no line and still time to spare so we got on it first. Part of our problem with the kids was that every ride they went on and they liked it (which was pretty much all of them), they immediately wanted to go again! So, we did that for the Aladin ride and then headed to the Pirates of the Carribean. I thought it was actually a little on the scary side for Julian but they both loved it and wanted to go again! So we did!
| Julian caught me! |
Even though we had a "plan" and fastpasses, it was really great to just be walking past a ride and see a short line and say, "Hey! Let´s go get on this one real fast!" The crowds were not too bad really. There were some of the big time rides that we had to wait maybe 40 minutes for but I would say the longest we really waited for a ride was 1 hour and that was Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and I think the Mt. Everest roller coaster in the Animal Kingdom.
Day three was a trip to Epcot that we planned on being a shorter day because we actually got one day free on a promotion they were having for buying a 4-day package. It was better than I thought it would be because I had heard that it wasn´t that great, kind of blah. When we got there I realized that there were really a lot of nice little activities and rides but we hadn´t planned to stay all that long. My brother Scott, his wife Meimi and daughter Shelby were to arrive later that day so we wanted to be home when they got there.
Once we got home, we decided to try out the outdoor heated pool to see just how "heated" it was! It was much warmer than I thought it would be and before we knew it, we were all in the water in early February and loving it! As soon as we got in, Scott arrived and Shelby immediately wanted in too! It was a nice icebreaker for the kids to play in the pool together since they hadn´t seen each other in about 2 1/2 years. They really seemed like they knew each other more then they really do so it was great to see 3 little cousins playing together. It was comfortable while in the warm water but getting out was TOUGH, but worth it!
Day four was a trip to the Magic Kingdom again with Scott and family, Papa, Glee, Dani, the kids and I and even though we weren´t able to stay together on many things based on fastpasses not being the same, it was still an amazing day. After lunch we had a GREAT surprise as we walked out of the restaurant that a huge parade was just getting started! We got front row seats to a really exciting parade without even planning it or trying too! I really loved it. One thing that I really enjoyed about our Disney experience is that pretty much at every park, we were able to see REALLY neat 3D shows. I´m talking GOOD 3D quality that I haven´t seen in a really long time. There was one with Mickey Mouse in a lot of scenes and I´m not sure if Julian really thought he was real, but he kept calling out, "Miiiickeeeeyy!!.... Miiiiickeeeeyyy!!.... Mickey!!...." Like he wanted Mickey to wave at him or acknowlege him or come sit with him. It was so cute!!! They had special life-like qualities like feeling a real "mist" of wáter on us during a wáter scene or hot air being blown on you when it was a desert scene. It really made you feel like you were there. I was impressed.
In the next day or so I´ll be sure to post the ending of our trip including The Animal Kingdom experiece and Hollywood Studios!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment