| Mickey went over to try and coax Julian into the picture. |
Day 4 of the parks was The Animal Kingdom with Papa, Glee, Dani, me and the kids. Our first fast pass was to meet and greet with Mickey and Minnie in their Safari outfits. Julian was supposedly excited about this but in the end since it involved picture taking, he stayed on the side while we got our hugs and pictures. Apparently I had told Julian that it was to meet Mickey and all his Friends (which I think I read somewhere but I guess it was another attraction) so Julian was mad that it was only Mickey and Minnie and Pluto and the rest of them weren´t there. Later that evening he was still telling me that "YOU said it was going to be with Mickey and ALL his friends and his friends weren´t there!". I guess that was super important.....oops!
Later we went on a Jungle Safari where you ride in those big safari open air vehicles and we enjoyed that a lot. We saw lots of neat Safari animals....all the typical ones, giraffes, elephants, tigers, lions, hippos, crocodiles and rinos. It was pretty neat! We also went on a pretty neat Jurassic Park ride that I think scared Julian a little but he made it through! Matthew went on the Mt. Everest Rollercoaster ride with Dani and Papa while Glee and I took Julian to an area where they had smaller rides and also a really neat playground that was kind of like a treehouse setup. Matthew and the others arrived later and it was a little hard to get the kids out of there. I think they would have been happy to stay in that play area the rest of the day!
Day 5 of the parks was to Hollywood Studios where we met up with Scott, Meimi and Shelby a few times. LOTS of Star Wars stuff so it was very exciting! Light sabers were purchased of course. The Star Wars ride was great and we saw a Beauty and the Beast short musical that was really nice too. The last big show we went to was a stunt show that took place on a backlot to show us how action movies are made and it was very impressive! Cars were zipping back and forth on two side wheels and jumping ramps through fire with explosions all around. All very exciting stuff! They filmed all the stunts in parts and then showed us on a big screen how the movie would look to viewers once it got in theaters and had been cut and edited the way it needed to be. There were fight scenes that included gun firing so this was all right up our boys´ alley!
![]() |
| This Storm Trooper was pointing at my KID! |
The last, most exciting part almost of the whole trip was when we were walking through a big courtyard area to get to a Star Wars attracion. We were walking near some Storm Troopers that were stopping and hassling some of the people. We were almost to our destination and behind two storm troopers and as I was taking a picture of them, they turned around and pointed at Matthew! All of the sudden, they said, "This place is crawling with resistence fighters....sir, YOU, show me your identification!" I immediately put my phone down from taking the picture to see if they were talking to Dani or to Matthew and it was Matthew! He was just standing there looking blankly at them like he didn´t know what just happened. Then he looked at me and I said, "Matthew, give them your identification", and I reached into his jacket pocket and pretended to pull something out and put it in Matthew´s hand and he handed it to him. The Storm Trooper looked at it and said, "I´m going to have to report this to my superiors" (or commanding officer, I don´t remember exactly who he was going to report it to) and then he walked away! I think that was the icing on the cake for the whole trip!!
Definitely an unforgettable trip and who knows maybe we´ll get back there in about 10 years or so and see it again through teenagers´ eyes! Amazing, amazing trip and I love how our whole family was able to get together and meet up in Orlando to have such a wonderful experience.

No comments:
Post a Comment