Sunday, April 15, 2012

Bottle Feeding

Julian is going to be 4 months old in 10 days but he hasn't successfully drank from a bottle yet. He kinda did it one time with my mother in law but that was about a month or so ago and we haven't tried it since until yesterday. I had a baby shower to go to and I knew it would be about 3 hours so I left her with a bottle of my milk (AKA Liquid Gold) and when I came home, he looked like he was in a trance and my MIL said he wouldn't take the bottle. So I had two different bottle nipples to try but neither one did the trick. Then I kept trying every once in a while, little by little to see if he could get used to it. Then, I had to throw away the liquid gold and start again today since I don't think you can put it in the fridge again after heating it up only to heat it up again later. I tried again today and it's a no go. Dani made a good point....it's just a few months before he starts on a sippy cup and it's not like I'm really going to leave him for that long anyway, I may as well just skip the bottle and go right to the sippy. I mean, why bottle train him when it may be 3 times at the MOST (if that) that I would even need it in the next few months. Matthew never took a bottle and he started using a sippy cup around the 6 month mark. He was playing around with it and drinking a little even at 5 1/2 months.  I think we're just going to leave it at that.

On another note, Julian slept until 7am this morning and Matthew until almost 8am, yay!

In their matching "brother" shirts. Same shirt, just different sizes and colors.

Matthew feeding his friend Jesus some pizza. Thought he might be hungry after being dead for 3 days. Dani painted this picture when he was in his early teens.

A shot of mango season at the Vargas house.

No comments:

Post a Comment