Matthew is really into how his name is Matthew Daniel these days. So, sometimes when he pretends that he's writing (well, doesn't pretend, he really is, you just can't read it) he says that he wrote Matthew Daniel. Then he says the next lines say "Mama Daniel, Julian Daniel, Papa Daniel, Sara Daniel, Emma Daniel" and so on. It's really cute. I think he thinks that everyone's name is their name plus "Daniel", hahahahaha!
When I picked Matthew up from pre-K today, his teacher told me that Matthew chose the topic for next week's lesson. This teacher does a lot of child-led learning and she lets the kids choose what they're going to learn about from week to week. Matthew chose PIZZA, lol. So, they will be doing pizza activities next week. I think he gets this fascination about pizza because I've started making homemade pizza (got a GREAT recipe for pizza dough, thanks Brookie!). Now, whenever Matthew is playing like he's cooking something for me, it's always pizza. It used to be scrambled eggs when he used to like to watch me make that but now it's pizza. I'm surprised it's not chocolate chip cookies since I make those all the time although now that I think about it, he has served me "cookies" before. I didn't know if I should apologize to the teacher for him picking pizza or just say that that sounded great. They have a microwave in the room so I'm sure they'll make some kind of individual microwave pizzas or something.
No comments:
Post a Comment