Monday, April 9, 2012

A Couple of Days at the Beach


We spent a couple of days at the beach (although I never actually went to the beach, stayed at the hotel at the pool) and Julian got his first taste of the pool (literally because when Dani was holding him, he kept getting water in his mouth). He seemed to like it, he didn't cry, but didn't smile that much either. He was just taking it all in.

I thought we might actually go home after the first night since we were pretty much up since 3:30am, with only about a 40 minute nap from 5:30am until 6:15am and then up for good. Ugh.....started off with Matthew waking at 3:30am and wanting to go outside. Yes, go OUTSIDE at that hour and he wasn't kidding! So, as I'm arguing with him in my best whisper voice about this, Julian wakes up at about 4am for his regular feeding and then he's usually off to sleep after that. With all that was going on and all four of us in one room, that just wasn't going to happen. So, both kids were back asleep by 5:30am until Matthew got up for good at 6:15am. I was pretty much over it by that point and ready to pack it up, hahahaha. Needless to say, we tried it one more time and the next night was better, not great, but more of a normal night for us anyway. 

 

I love how we have one boy with my skin color and the other with Dani's. They are just both so adorable in their own way. I keep thinking when holding Julian and cuddling him, is this really the last one? Of course it is, because Dani wouldn't go for it and I really don't want three children but it's so hard to believe that this is the last. It's such a joy, even after the sleepless nights at the beach just last week. The sleepless nights and stressful moments are nothing compared to the love and joy we have for these two sweetie pies. We couldn't ask for anything better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment