Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Popcorn in the Tree?

The other day I noticed a pigeon had made a nest in our tangerine tree and I went to tell our housekeeper. We've watched others make their nest, lay eggs, hatch them and fly away in the past, so I wanted to point it out. Matthew was nearby on the trampoline so apparently he was listening as I'm seeing that he always is these days. In Spanish, the word for pigeon or dove (yes, the same word....weird) is "paloma" or if you're talking about a small one "palomita". They also call popcorn in Costa Rica "palomitas" since they do really kinda look like little doves, don't they? So, my housekeeper and I are talking in Spanish over and over about this palomita in the tree and Matthew says "I wanna see!" And he jumps down off the trampoline and runs over. He's looking and looking and says he doesn't see it. I keep saying "right there Matthew, right there. Don't you see it???" As I'm pointing and pointing. Then he turns to me and says in English, "I don't see any popcorn in the tree."

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment