Saturday, April 12, 2014

Just So Proud I Want to Cry!

I don't think I've ever been almost brought to tears by pride. Happiness yes, but feeling so incredibly proud that I almost lose my breath and well up in tears. Probably the last time I was like this was in April of last year when Matthew broke his first wooden board in his first TaeKwondo exam to pass to the second belt. It just hit me like a ton of bricks. Today, Matthew, in his first TaeKwondo tournament, won first place in his group. Even a couple of other boys in his group who I feel are more advanced in practice didn't even place. This was an international tournament with competitors from Mexico, Honduras, Panama and all over Costa Rica. He said he didn't like tournaments but I really think it's because this is the first one so he's not used to it. None of us are and we don't know where we're going and what we're supposed to do but we're learning. I know nothing about this sport and I know a good bit about sports, but this is totally foreign to me. I hope he continues and grows to like it. I'm the proudest mama ever today and I know there are many proud moments to come. This is just the beginning.


He's the one in the red helmet.

Getting a little instruction from someone with experience.

Getting his gear on!

First place BABY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment