Sunday, April 6, 2014

Potty Training!

Yesterday afternoon we did about a six hour stint of wearing underwear with Julian and no diaper. It went ok, but there were accidents of course. He halfway made it most of the time but managed to wet his cute little Thomas the Train, Cookie Monster and Elmo underwear. It's pretty much the first time we've tried this. Although the other night in the bathtub he all of the sudden had to poop and so I put him on the toilet and he did it. He was pretty proud of himself I think. Tonight we were out of the house all day so we didn't try it. He mentioned it when we were at my sister in law's house but then he got nervous and said no.When I was putting him to bed tonight, we had been sitting in the dark for about 10 minutes and he all of the sudden said, "Mamá, I need to go to the bathroom." I was like, "really? OK! Let's go!" And so we did....and he did!! Not a drop in the diaper. He actually had told me right when I got him into the bed that he had peed in his diaper which I changed. I'm so happy that this is going so great and he's even recognizing and telling me that he already peed or needs too. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment