This week I'm starting my third trimester of pregnancy, whoa! I really can't believe it as I've mentioned before and I know we all know how time flies, it's just getting pretty real. I was thinking the other day that in about two months, I should go ahead and get my hospital bag packed because it could happen anytime in the last three weeks or so of the trimester....that makes it kinda real. I'm feeling pretty good but am noticing my belly getting in the way at different times. Like I can't stand as close to the sink to wash dishes anymore, or when I try to "squeeze" by somewhere that I used to be able to, I can't anymore. Matthew has hit his head walking by my belly a few times, good thing it's soft. Here is a baby bump picture that we took a few days ago. It truly depends on the kind of clothes that I wear that can make the bump hardly noticeable or much more noticeable. This one I just look kind of in between.
Today was Matthew's first day back at preschool after a little over a week off and he was pretty excited to go. I always worry after a little vacation how he'll be going back but he was quite happy. He actually came to me back in the bedroom to get his hair "done" (you know, throw some water on it, get the curls rejuvenated:) and then asked for his toothbrush which he has never ASKED for either one of these things in the past. He was walking out the door almost 10 minutes before we really had to leave so we took our time getting in the car and got there a few minutes early. We can take him as early as 7:45am (class starts at 8am) but I always feel bad taking him if there's hardly any kids in there when I drop him off.
I saw Matthew get a little embarrassed for the first time by me telling a story to his teacher of something funny he did this weekend. I've seen him get shy and embarrassed a couple other times but it was usually for something he did wrong and got reprimanded. This time I told the teacher about being with Matthew's 15 year old cousin this weekend who has a little belly and he went up to her and patted her belly and said "baby, baby" as if she were pregnant because of her belly. When he first learned that a bigger belly could mean it had a baby in it, he was saying that about everyone who had any kind of belly at all. He even said it about himself, but since then he's learned that men don't have babies. After I told this story to the teacher, Matthew seemed to have understood everything and started clinging to my leg and hiding his face. I felt so bad after that because he had been so excited about school today and after that, he felt insecure and kind of bad. I'm sure he got over it quickly but I guess I have to watch what I say....poor thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment