Saturday, September 24, 2011

YIPPEE!

Ahhhhhhhh! For the first time in I don't know how long (maybe not in the whole 3 years that Matthew has been alive) I actually got to stay in bed until 8:45am this morning. Granted, he missed his nap yesterday (another story for another time) because of taking a 40 minute powernap in the car but he went to bed an hour early last night and slept until around 8:15 this morning. He just talked in his crib until I went to finally get him at almost 9am. That was something special.......I just had to share :)

I've thought about stopping the naps and just putting him to bed earlier (he currently goes to sleep at night at 9:30pm) but first, I'm pregnant and LOVE/NEED my 2 1/2 hour break in the afternoons and second, he has school and we have to be up by 7am either way. I think it's best we keep the naps for now.....there will be a time that all this nap stuff goes away so I think I need to enjoy it while I can!

BTW, I'm getting ready to get my Costa Rican driver's license finally for the first time in the almost 10 years I've been here (the US license is legal as an international license, but it's probably not good that I've been here so long and still don't have one). It's already been quite an adventure. If you've ever spent much time in CR, you will know that efficiency in government agencies especially is just ridiculous. I don't even know why I'm shocked. I know better. I know how it is here but yet, I'm still shocked at the miscommunication and inefficiency. I will tell the story soon. It's ongoing and hopefully will have a happy ending where I don't have to take the written and driving test again. I mean, taking it when you're 16 is one thing but I really don't want to have to do it again at age 37.

No comments:

Post a Comment