Sunday, February 19, 2012

Busy Weekend

We had a pretty funfilled weekend this weekend. We woke up Saturday morning and decided to go to visit our friends at the beach. Dani was working a 24 hour shift so we wanted to do something fun with our day so I asked our niece Sara to go with us so I didn't drive alone with the two kids and the four of us were on the road by about 10:30am. We got to our friends Lisa and Brookie's house, hung out for a bit, ate some lunch and then headed to the beach. It was a beautiful day and Matthew had fun playing in the water and sand. He even got pulled along on the boogie board a little which was fun until he got splashed in the face with saltwater and then decided he didn't like it. It was fun for me but a little tiring and I've decided we have to invest in some beach chairs or something to make things more comfortable. Now that we have kids, sometimes it would be nice to have place to sit where it wasn't so sandy. Nursing, especially, sitting in the sand, just is NOT comfortable AT ALL. The snow cone vendor (copos) came by and we got a couple of them. They were so good! They are so much better than "snow cones" you'd get in the states. It's shaved ice with the typical syrup poured on but they also layer it with powdered milk in the middle and on top so when it starts melting it makes just a sweet milky milkshake type drink and plus they add sweetened condensed milk on the top it just turns into this major desert shake type thing, yum!

Today, we went to Matthew's Uncle Juan Rolando's farm and he made homemade teriyaki sauce and sushi (sounds weird to go to a farm for that but Juan Rolando has been working with a renowned Japanese chef) for us. I baked some cookies so we could have them with coffee later in the afternoon. It was a wonderful day. I layed in the hammock, Julian got passed around getting love from all the family members, Matthew has been to the farm so many times that he gave me the tour and showed me where all the different animals was. He walked in those pens and stalls like owned the place. I saw baby pigs, turkeys, hens and roosters, ducks, calves and their mamas, rabbits, baby chicks and more. There were about 12-15 of us and it was just a nice relaxed afternoon. Although I'm a tired mama, still up a couple times a night, this was a very nice weekend for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment