Matthew is doing SO well at pre-K now. He walks in so big and tall saying bye to me like it's nothing. I'm so happy about that. The teacher has a routine that he has to leave his parent/teacher communication notebook at the table by the door when he comes in. This is a notebook that I can send notes with any kind of communication that I want the teacher to know about and this is also where she writes in his homework (oh yes, there IS homework, hahahaha) or when there is a parent/teacher meeting or event or anything else she wants to tell me. After he leaves the notebook by the door, he has to go put his backpack in his cubby with his name on it and then he goes and sits down with the group. This is the most punctual group I've ever seen in Costa Rica considering Costa Ricans are known for their laidback attitude about time. I get there at five till eight sometimes (it starts at 8am) and there are already 8 of the 12 kids in the class sitting there in a semi-circle with the teacher standing in front of them teaching them to say "Buenos dias" and other greetings. Today, we arrived at 8:04am (yep, the gringa was late!) and they weren't even in the room, they were outside across the playground sitting under a big shady tree. How embarrassing was that, having to take him all the way over there for others to see us. I won't be late again and I need to double check my watch but I'm sure it is correct. Oh well, we can bring them as early as 7:45 so I will just start shooting for EARLY in order to not be late:)
Julian, after sleeping the 8 hours straight that one time, took two days to relapse into his old ways and then slept 8 1/2 hours the next time. That was a day or two ago so we're waiting for it to happen again. I'm sure it'll get more and more frequent and before I know it, it'll be all night, yippee!!!!
I found this great website at www.wholesometoddlerfood.com and I've decided I want to make some healthy stuff that Matthew will love to eat. He's always been good about food and mostly eating what we eat which sure makes it easy. I just want to try some new recipes and especially some healthy new snacks. I made homemade applesauce the other day and it's pretty darn good. I also made these muffins that are mainly made from shredded carrots, potatoes and zucchini that are pretty good. They've got a little cheddar cheese and egg in them as well. They were supposed to be pancakes but I used the batter in the muffin pan in the oven instead of frying them in oil in a skillet and I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out. I want to make them with other veggies too. I'm going to try my hand at making homemade chicken fingers with chicken breast strips in the oven and also these yogurt bar snacks that I found. I really like making fresh healthy foods for my kids and not frozen, canned or processed. I had a blast with Matthew's baby food and I'll get to do it again in about 4 months.
No comments:
Post a Comment