It's almost that time. Matthew will be 3 years old in just about 2 weeks. We've decided not to have the big shindig this year with inflatables, clowns, etc until next year. Matthew is quite the timid little boy. He's definitely opened up since starting pre-school this year but he's still shy and doesn't like tons of attention on him. When he feels it's too much, he gets mad and yells NO and is not all that friendly, so we think the big party should wait until next year. Also, with me being pregnant and children's parties here lasting 4-5 hours and with the almost 90 people who would attend, it's just better to wait. Can you imagine having upward of 100 people at a toddler's birthday party? To me, it sounds crazy but that's quite common here. When they do a party, they go ALL out. If we invited just 30 kids (17 from his school class, plus the others we know from the neighborhood and family), each would come with one or two parents and/or a sibling. Seriously, the number can reach close to a hundred easily. I don't know why it's necessary for it to be an all day even either. Four to five hours for a toddler's party? It's just too much....but that's the custom here.
What we've decided to do is just do a lunch with cake and presents with only family (about 18 people) at a nearby restaurant next Sunday, October, 16th. I'm pretty excited about it and think it'll be perfect for this year. There's this restaurant that we know the owners of and they have a separate space for parties and such. I talked to them last night and I think it'll be perfect. I'll be able to decorate, we'll be able to have music, the cake and presents and all and people can just order from their regular menu. I'm just not sure what design to put on the cake. I'm thinking Elmo but when I asked Matthew, he said yes to Elmo, Toy Story AND Shrek.....so.......not sure yet. I will definitely post pictures! Here are two recent pictures. One of Matthew laying under his new umbrella that his cousin Emma gave him and a baby bump one that Matthew took of me at 29 weeks pregnant.
No comments:
Post a Comment