I hope my dog Negra is not REALLY this stupid but it appears that she either jumped or fell off the second story of our house that is under construction. The first floor is complete but they are working on the second floor and Negra goes up there daily and sniffs around, uses the bathroom (I know, but it's cement slab for now and totally open so I don't worry too much about it) and looks for birds and squirrels. Apparently today she fell off. No one really saw how it happened just as she hit the ground but I really hope she didn't try and jump. At first we were going to take her to the vet for X-rays but then realized she was walking just fine and maybe favoring her left side a little but you could hardly notice, so definitely nothing is broken. Dani felt around all her bones and he didn't feel anything broken, just that her shoulder could be a little jammed. I called the vet and found out what I could give her for pain and we'll try that for a few days first. She's not wimpering or making any kind of painful noises so I think she'll be just sore for a few days. The question is now if she learned from that or will she do it again.
On a scarier note, twice now, Matthew has been outside while I was inside doing some stuff and all of the sudden it grew very quiet so I looked outside to see what was up. When I didn't see him, I realized he was up on the construction with Negra so clearly we are going to have to put up some kind of barrier to go up the stairs or I can't let Matthew wander around the yard alone. The second time it happened within a matter of minutes and he was all the way up there, I couldn't believe how fast he got up there, ugh....so scary to see your little toddler way up there with no walls surrounding him.
No comments:
Post a Comment