Monday, October 24, 2011

Three Years Ago

Wow. At this very time, 10:30pm, three years ago, Dani was getting off work only to come home and find that he had to go back to the hospital to take me because I was definitely in labor. How exciting that was!!! Ten days early, I wasn't sure if they were "real" contractions so I didn't make much of it when he came home for dinner around 7:30pm that night. Once he got home after his shift ended at 10pm though, I was pretty darn sure! Once we got to the hospital, just a few minutes away and progressing very fast, we found out that we were going to have to go to Liberia (about an hour away) to have our baby Matthew. It was a Friday night and there was no OBGYN or anesthesiologist on call (just in case). I guess that's just what happens sometimes in a small town in Costa Rica. They gave me whatever it is (forgot the name) to slow down the contractions, hoping I wouldn't have the baby on the way and we were off. We got to the hospital at about midnight and since they had slowed down my progress (which probably didn't take full effect until we reached Liberia), we had to wait until 4:31am for our new addition to the family. It was all worth it and a wonderful experience, I might add. Turns out, we didn't even use an OBGYN, just an OB nurse because everything was fine and there were no complications :)

As I'm writing this, our next little one due in December is making my belly visibly move all around. I don't just feel him but can look down and see my belly jumping, hahahahaha. Pretty funny and strange. He's an active little guy just like Matthew!

No comments:

Post a Comment