Thursday, October 13, 2011
Baby Shower (or lack thereof)
I think I've decided not to have a baby shower this go around. I guess we could still end up with a small little get together, but I'm thinking it's better not to. Of course some people in the family are interested in giving me one but here's the deal. I have saved EVERYTHING pretty much from Matthew as far as clothes, toys, books and other things are concerned. In fact, I have some friends that moved back to the the states recently and left me with lots more baby clothes. I have actually been giving some away to those less fortunate because I have PLENTY which I'm so thankful for. What we will need are things like diapers, shampoo, creams, wipes, etc. My mother in law suggested that we put something to that effect on the invitations or that we would like cash in lieu of gifts. The thing is, is that a baby shower is a lot of work, planning and money. Especially ones that they have here where we're talking 50-60 people at a 4 hour long event. That is VERY tiring for an eight month pregnant woman to endure. I'm thinking instead of spending all that money on food (it's never just fingerfoods here, we're talking full meals), invititations, decor, etc, we should just use all that money and go shopping for diapers and all the other little necessities. Why spend all the money so that we can make that money back by asking for cash in lieu of gifts? It would be different too if it were a small, intimate gathering at someone's house that was like a two hour ordeal. I don't know, these are my thoughts on it, but then again, it IS kinda fun to have a celebration and a welcoming for your future little baby. I'm on the fence about it but am almost decided.....we'll see what ends up happening :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment