Friday, November 4, 2011

A Little Time Away

Tomorrow Dani and I are going to leave Matthew for the first time to go to an all inclusive 5 star beach resort for one night for our 7 year anniversary. His Aunt Carolina (AKA Tia Ina) will be here from San Jose and stay the night at our house to take care of him. He loves his Tia Ina and I know he'll have a great time. We will be leaving in the mid morning and getting back mid afternoon sometime on Sunday. We haven't been away just the two of us in over 3 years so we're pretty excited! It will be amazing not to wake up to "mama, mama, mama" for the first time in so long. I doubt I'll sleep that late or anything since being 33 weeks pregnant (and a little uncomfy) and so used to getting up at an early hour for so many years but it will be great just to lay in bed in the morning, have some coffee and watch some tv if we want. We might just have to do room service in the morning for breakfast. I am pretty sure we WON'T be waiting 3 years to do this again. I'm thinking it should be an EVERY wedding anniversary tradition. Our anniversary is on November 6th, so that's the perfect time in Costa Rica since the rains have pretty much ended, clear blue sky is all around and the low season prices are still in effect (barely). Matthew's little brother will be about 11 months old, this time next year and I think that would be the perfect time to leave him for the first time.
 
The resort we're going to is The Westin at Playa Conchal. I've been to this beach before but it was many years ago and what's unique about it is that instead of actual sand, it's made of tiny broken up pieces of shells. They are so tiny that many of them look like it could be sand but if you look at it real closely, you'll see that they're shells and they've been worn down and smoothed over by years in the ocean. Here's the link if you want to check it out.....
 
 
I am sure I'll have some pictures later.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment